Sunday, August 3, 2014

An attempt to bake.

I don't remember if I had ever bake muffins, or bake anything other than cheesecake, but that was an exception rather than a norm.

So I brought this blueberry muffin mix ready to make, just add milk (it was on sale, and I was feeling brave and adventurous).  Which I did, then it said bake until when stick a toothpick in the middle and come out dry, which I did. It came out wet, so I bake another 10 minute, and the toothpick still came out wet. Well, damn it, let's try 30 minutes. Well, much better, the toothpick finally came out dry, so were my burned muffins and the silicon muffin cups I used to cook my muffins. The whole silicon muffin cup bottoms were burned and came right off.   As a note, I was extremely good at my jobs, ran bleeding-edge multimillion complex projects, used lasers to do lab experiments, etc, etc,.


The story with baking cheesecake, for some reason unbeknown to me, while I was studying for my finals in college in the middle of the night, I had this uncontrollable craving to bake cheesecake. I ran downstairs at 2am in the morning (NYC has this 24/7 Korean corner grocery store all over the place) to buy the ingredients to bake the cake. This happened for many nights while I was studying for finals, until I was finally perfected the cheesecake to my taste, then I never want to bake another cheesecake, ever again. And the fridge had a couple of cheesecakes after I finish my finals that semester.

No comments: