Thursday, August 28, 2014

An old timer engineer's reaction to what I said

One of my hiking teammates from MIT, a retired engineer in the Silicon Valley in 2002-3, was telling us how he had built a railroad to bring oil from one side of the Suez Canal to the other side due to Cargo ship was too big for the Suez Canal, while had to content with the terrorist attack on the railroad. So I said why don't you chained a bunch of little boats together and protected under the Suez Canal,? You also save lots of money too.

He never spoke to me again and did not want to go hiking with me again. I think that was his lifetime achievement which he was very proud of. I didn't realize what I did at the time because the solution is so obvious and simple, but my other hiking teammate did and keep looking at me to see if I realized what I did.


Did I mention I often feel like that little boy who cried: “the emperor has no clothes”?

I should learn to shut my mouth and just look pretty.

No comments: