Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Using the oven can cause fire, per housemate

I was using the oven to toast my pastry because we don't have a toaster oven.  So one of the housemates texted saying it is going to cause fire, where will we going to live then?  This response came after I said I was a scientist and an engineer.

This housemate is a typical White male, probably had never use the oven and could barely knows how to use the toaster.  Of course, he sees me as a China man, and as a White male, conventional beliefs that he knows more and better then me like most White males I've encounter all my life. 

Simply put, in the Silicon Valley/Tech industry that's including the UPSTO's technology branch promoted males despite most couldn't dressed himself to manage me.  So I tried to manage these clueless males by detailing in my weekly reports so that they know what was going in my projects and understand what I was doing as most couldn't wrap their head around the complexity of emulations, and respectful while treated with disdain and/or sexually harassed for being a woman in the tech field.  God, long story.........
 

No comments: