Tuesday, June 14, 2016

HATE is a learned trait

You are not born to HATE.  You are either taught or learned to HATE.

My father has lots of issues, but always avoided expressing them to me or my siblings.  We are not very close to him.  But I am grateful my father didn't pass on the bitter and hatred to us, not even toward the Japanese that had taken most of his family during the Japanese invasion as human shield, and growing up without any parent in a war and famine environment.  To get a sense of how much he hated the Japanese, I brought a pair of Japanese chopstick without knowing anything about his feelings toward the Japanese; he had a fit, broke the chopstick and throw it in the garbage.  I didn't understand why he felt that way back then.  I was in High School. 

But that is most likely my Mom stopped my father from expressing negativity.  She took all the abuses herself and shield us from all the abuses from our father.  One reason was to prevent us from living a bitter and hatred life.  My Mom wouldn't even allowed us to say anything negative about anyone.

So while I was being sexually harassed and abused working in the Tech industry for over a decade, by people from Asia,  and almost die, I couldn't report the culprits or complaint.


During the Japanese Invasion in the late 1800s to early 1900s, many of my relatives had left China and moved to America, East Asia, South America, etc.  Prior to that, I believed there was some sort of import and export business in the family.

No comments: