Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Tech industry robbed of the life I have worked 3 jobs since H.S. to build

 because of discriminations toward women engineers, particularly by those from 3rd world Asia where they were 90+% of the engineering dept of the companies I've worked for.

In elementary school, the bilingual Hispanic teachers fought real hard to try to take away me and my siblings' free breakfast and lunch, one Chinese teacher of the 2 in the whole school and the Principle of the school kept our free lunch.  My parents wouldn't know what to do otherwise.  So we never had breakfast when we were in elementary school.  I was often shunned by Asian school kids back then because we were so poor.

Since I started working in High School, I was often setup to be fired or simply fired because of discriminations toward me as Asian and a woman, particularly by Hispanics.  I knew then I must not work in places where I do not have a fighting chance, also look to work where there are the least racists.  That begun my quest since.

In college, I tried different majors to see if I have a passion for the topic, and most importantly, I wanted to ensure there will be few racists in the field, Engineering and Computer science were the answer, despite I had at least 2 professors told me women are not wired to think technically, but I was well received by most classmates and professors

No comments: