Thursday, March 13, 2014

I never expected anyone to help me. This is why.

 I grew-up in a hostile environment of NYC in the 1980s, and worked 3 jobs every summer since High School.  I had to take lots of horrified treatments as that's the type of environment I grew up in (nothing can ever compare to what the people from Asia had been doing to me since the late 1990s in the San Francisco Bay Area);

Also pushed me to get out of working in low level skill jobs via education.  Hence why I was pursuing a PhD in Electrical Engineering/Applied Physics as well in Computer Science, and to be a Researcher/Scientist/professor.  Also aspirated me to change the world to be a better place to live.

I learned I can NOT rely on the kindness of strangers, and must self sufficient in every way.  I would be pretty messed-up if I expected others to help me or be kind to me.

No comments: