Friday, February 3, 2017

As an Applied Physics researcher and an engineer

these people keep a close eye on me so I won't start a fire out of stupidity.

LandLord Hanna from Africa who told me her mother from an Africa village had caused a fired that burned down a house in Virginia because she put a cloth on a lamp and caused a fire.  Hanna thinks I am, a scientist and an engineer, just like her mother from an Africa village that didn't even have electricity.

Housemate Randall, a typical white dude from FL, probably doesn't have a college degree, that had shared a previous group housing arrangement, but now acting like he know-it-all but can't walk and chew gum at the same time, keeping a close eye on me because now he thinks I might start a fire; and that left an oven door open could caused fire, then he said "where do we going to live then?"  You can't make this stuff up.  It is an assault on intelligence.  Most likely asked by Hanna the landlord.

On the day we were moving in, Randall came to ask me to help him.  So I followed him to the garage, and the door was over shoot.  It was to my astonishment this could happen.  I suggested a few methods, one of stepping on the chairs laying around the garage.  He firmly said no, which I didn't know why.  Then our neighbor in the basement Betsy got home and saw us.  Betsy and her friend offer to help.  We were happy to accept.  Betsy asked who over shoot the garage door, Randall murmur something, but didn't admit he did it.  Then Betsy saw the chairs she was refurnishing was broken, and she asked who did it.  I didn't know so I didn't say anything.  Randall said he didn't know.  So I figured Betsy must've thought I was the one caused the garage door overshoot and broke her chair.  But common sense would know that I am not strong enough to cause the garage door overshoot or heavy enough to broke the chair.

Speaking of assault on intelligence, most of the males I had worked with and managers in the Silicon Valley were basically like this white guy that can barely walk and chew gum at the same time, often still dressed by his Mom, had never work a day in their lives prior to getting their degrees, especially those from Asia; yet because they were a male in the engineering field, they have a higher value and were promoted as my manager, when I had worked 3 jobs every summer since High School, the equivalent of 10-20 years of work experiences when I got my EE Master's degree.  Like Trump, these male managers just bark up an "executive order" and expected us to carry it out.  They have no idea what it takes to get the job done.  Then the talking heads of the Silicon Valley been complained they couldn't find qualified American candidate.  This Randall just brought up all those assaults on intelligence all over again. \

As a matter of fact, working environment in the Silicon Valley was far worst then the movie "Office".

Then this neighbor Betsy from the Mid West......

As an Asian and a woman, I had to endure this kinds of discrimination everywhere I went.  And I do mean everywhere I went.

No comments: