Tuesday, June 23, 2015

My email to the Graduating class of Spring 2015

Mona C
Jun 4
to Stacey, Peggy, Ludivina, Yiftusera, Ruth, Eyerusalem, Meheret, Nega, Dhruba, Rebecca, Mohammad, Mahmuda, Teresa, Uzma, Meron, Yitaysihe
 

I whole-heartedly agreed with everything Stacy said.  And would like to add.... 
​​
Often, we are looking for other people to make the world a better place to live.  But each one of us have the power to change the world, simply by doing our part as mentioned above - be kind and respectful toward others, as well help others when we can.  

And people you helped also pay forward by doing good and helping others, and so on, and so on; someday, the world will be a better place for your kids.
 
For those who wanted to show their appreciation because you had given me the opportunity to do
​good​
, and I was able to help, I always say “just pay forward” - meaning go help other people when you can.  You don’t have to find ways to thank me or give me money.  I volunteered because I want to see you guys and your kids live a better life by getting a better job after acquired the skills, such as learn how to follow instructions, computer skills, etc. 
 
I said it over and over again I had to work 3 jobs very summer since High School and didn’t have enough to eat when I was a kid because my parents were immigrants didn’t have the skills to get a better job.
​  I didn't want this to happen to you or your kids.​
  I may be tough on you, but only because
​ 
I want you to learn the necessary skills so that you get your dream job.  Just think of me as you, and you are your kid’s J

 
So go out and get your dream job, and help each other.  
 
I was very pleased that all of you were exchanging phone number and networking.  This is how you get job leads.
 
You now have everyone’s email address by typical their name or clicking the arrow key in the [to] column on top of this email​(we show you how to do this in class already).  You can always come on Saturday if you need help or use the internet to look for a job.
 
I am sorry I won’t be able to be there with you on Monday- your graduation, due to a medical problem I am suffering from.  
 
CONGRATULATIONS!!!   I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!
 
Keep in touch, and tell us what you are up to.  Come visit us in the new community center. 


Kind Regards,
Mona C
 
http://eeoccase.blogspot.com/
*Life is a Journey, the less baggage you carry, the further you will travel*
********Life is a Journey, enjoy the trip********

No comments: