Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Weekend after 911 in the Silicon Valley


The weekend after 911, it was like a Lunar New Year in the Elizabeth Lake of the Central Park in Fremont, East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area, where I rollerbladed.  Usually, there were only a few people in the Park and only one or two Asian immigrants occasionally, but that weekend after 911 was suddenly full of recent immigrants from Asia that full of joy as if they were celebrating Lunar New Year. 

One old man even unzipped his pant while he was walking toward me as if to say “fuck you”, as if these people from Asia came to this particular park to say the same to me as they perceived me as the symbolic representative of America and Americans - an effigy of Americans.  One must understand that their mind set was still as if they lived in their homeland Asia, and seeing an Americanized Asian, especially a woman, is a traitor to them and must be punished severely.  If there were only a few people from Asia, they would just left me alone or even try to friend me for survival; that doesn't mean they wouldn't backstabbed me as one did in Houston, TX; where there were very few people from Asia when I was working there in the early 1990s.  Backstabbing is a common practice in Asia, why I never wanted to get anywhere near them.

Think about that, that so many of these people from Asia, who I had never met in my life, came after me as if I killed their mother, because I am an American in America.  What would they do in America?

The followings are  very typical of the women from Asia I was working with in the Silicon Valley:






There were a few couples that were lost as they don’t know what is going to happen to them after 911 because they were most likely H1Bs.



Thereafter, the Park constantly full of people from Asia, and one of my ex-worker, a male from Vietnam came to threaten me with physical harm.  I out run him as I was on a rollerblade, and he was crippled in one leg.  I heard his crippled leg was the resulted of a landmine planted during the Vietnam War, and was made by America.

For some reason, I couldn't forget this whole experience, and keep bothering me even today.  It is also why I said I am their effigy of Americans.


For four days, after 911, I didn't know what happened to my families and friends as all the phone towers were down.  That was the worst 4 days of my life.  I was ready to join the army; then I realized with so many incompetents in the government, they would just wasted me; just like the USPTO.


No comments: