Wednesday, August 31, 2016

An African-American young woman told me to go home

I was waiting in a self serving line in the supermarket, this African American woman in her 20s, well dressed, stand right next to me, then preceded to go to the opening of a self-serving register.  I walked ahead of her telling here I was here first. 

On her way out, she said "go home" to me.  I didn't understand that at first thinking - go home to NYC?  I was puzzled.  Only after I got home than realized she thought I was from Asia.


This doesn't usually happen in this Pentagon City area.   She could be from a predominately African-American area, where there are very limited racial diversity.  In NYC, that would be the old Harlem.

Well, in that case, I could tell her to go home too.  The only people I can't say this to is the American Indian.

No comments: