Monday, August 15, 2016

Breaking the “status quo” for women engineers


Illustration of what happened to women engineers that didn’t follow the “status quo”.


What is the first thing came to your mind when I told you I am a woman engineer?  You would right away assume I either can’t do my job or nowhere as good as a male engineers. This the “status quo”.


What if I told you I can do the job most male engineers couldn’t or if any could do?   Then right away you would think that I must be arrogant, bad temperament and attitude. 


What if I was well-liked by all; especially top level management?  Until the people from Asia started saying “no one wanted her; no one liked her; etc” such as Tuan Nguyen and his countrymen/women in the Patent and Trademark Office.  I had never met any of these people from Asia in my life.  Then suddenly, I was shunned, sexually harassed and abused until I either had to leave the company, or will eventually terminate.


No comments: