Wednesday, January 27, 2016

"They don't understand what she is saying"

this started by people from Asia that just arrived in the US, mainly the H1Bs in the Silicon Valley.  They expected me to speak their language (mainly Mandarin), which I don't.  When I did speak Chinese to them, they either don't understand what I was saying or make fun of me.  My Chinese is as good as their English. 

The Americans interpreted this as they don't understand me because of my English, regardless of my NYC English; while the Americans didn't say anything about the English spoken by these people from Asia; ie the English spoken by Tuan Nguyen and his countrymen/women. 

Tuan Nguyen instigated the defamation of me "no one wanted her; on one liked her; etc", then later "don't know what she is saying" while the whole class heard me spoke without out any problem like a New Yorker, where there were many spoke with a very heavy accent.  Of course, Tuan Nguyen and his countrymen/women were laughing at these stupid Americans among themselves (you will see a smirk on their face), while telling people "she got bad feng shui".

Then classmates such as Shawn Joseph helped promulgated the defamation/trolling to the rest of the class and to other classes.  Other classes then help spread to the rest of the USPTO, and USPTO employees, mostly people from Asia helped spread to the rest of the DC metro.  Shawn Joseph also had shunned me from the group when the class divided into groups to work on a project.  I introduced myself as a project lead/tech lead from the Silicon Valley during the class meet and greet.  Also had help explained some of the technical terms in the class, which Kamini Shah was the SPE Trainer and aware of my ability.  So in this group, Shawn Joseph pushed to elect another woman as the group lead, who did NOT challenged a male's superiority.  Shawn Joseph clearing understood the perception of discrimination.      

When I said "challenged", I don't mean in a confrontational way as I knew since High School that is NOT the right way (practicing Zen then); but by doing the job, sharing the knowledge by helping others.

Again, the 21st Century "The Emperor has no clothes" - people see what others told them to see, NOT what they are seeing.  That's because they just needed an excuse to discriminate, not that they are stupid or anything.  This wouldn't happen if I am just mediocre, as what a woman or a colored person should be, but NOT someone challenged their superiority.  Just the same as males don't like women in management or excelled in the job over them; and/or Whites don't like colored person in management, in position of telling them what to do or excelled in the job over them.

Another word, unconsciously, they are putting a woman/colored person in her place as such person is getting "uppity".

Over time, due to isolation as the resulted of defamation/trolling by these people from Asia, where I often spoken no more then 50 sentences in a year in the Silicon Valley for over a decade, that 'if you don't use it, you lose it', I had trouble speaking.  But like riding a bicycle, if I started talking, I eventual speak like a native as indicative during the June 02, 2011 meeting with Director Wendy Garber and Paul Rodriguez or anytime after Dec. 2010.

No comments: