Saturday, May 13, 2017

"Welcome to America"

"I am from NYC, thanks anyway"  I said.  I am an Asian American woman.  This been the theme since I moved here in 2010

I was adjusting my front derailleur in a public bike station.  This 20s something Black dude came by on his bike and said welcome to America.  I was thinking "oh, another redneck hillbilly".

Later, I heard "do you need help?"  I said "no thanks, I got it".   I then turned around to see who that was, this White guy in his 60s saw me and said "at least you know how to do that", I said "actually it is pretty easy:, as one of the few engineers built the PC in  the 1990s.

AT LEAST YOU KNOW HOW TO DO THAT!!!  so a Chinaman such as I knows how to fix a bike?

I am so tired of getting offended.  Again, a good day for me is without discrimination, abuses, etc

No comments: